Supervising Code Enforcement Officer
Hamburg Town Hall
6100 South Park Avenue
Hamburg, New York 14075
Phone: (716)649-6111 ext. 2210
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Summer Hours: (June 1 - September 3, 2010)
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
BUILDING INSPECTION STAFF
Kurt Allen, Supervising Code Officer, ext. 2214
Walter Bratek Assistant Code Enforcement Officer, ext. 2213
Timothy Willard, Code Enforcement Officer, ext. 2212
James Eberhardt, Code Enforcement Officer, ext. 2224
Joseph Boncore, Assistant Code Enforcement Officer, ext. 2215
Roger Gibson, Code Enforcement Officer, ext. 2216
Jeffrey Adrian, Assistant Code Enforcement Officer, ext. 2211
Lon Robinson, Electrical Inspector, ext. 2217
Tracey Haffner, Senior Clerk Typist, ext. 2210
BUILDING INSPECTION RESPONSIBILITIES
Enforce the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and the Town of Hamburg, Village of Hamburg and Village of Blasdell Zoning Codes.
Reviews plans for building permits to ensure the plans, specifications and any other information that may be required is in compliance with all codes before issuing the proper permits
Performs inspections on all building permits to ensure compliance with proper codes.
Address complaints and alleged violations for validity and resolution per zoning codes and property maintenance compliance, if there is a violation and it is not corrected we will bring the property owner into court and the judge will decide the final disposition.
Conducts fire inspections on commercial building and multiple unit apartment buildings to verify all smoke detectors and exit signs are functioning properly, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems and fire suppression systems are inspected and exit ways are clear of debris.
Receives and maintains storm water pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) reports for private subdivsions and commercial construction.
TO OBTAIN A BUILDING PERMIT YOU MUST SUPPLY:
- Copy of your property survey (faxed or reduced copies will NOT be accepted)
- A detailed plan along with a material list or contractors estimate (whichever applies to your proposed project)
3. Contractors workmans compensation insurance if exempt a waiver from the compensation board
Cash, check, mastercard, discover, american express, visa debit
are accepted by the Town Clerk as payment
Permits must be obtained for building activity including but not limited to: residential additions, structural alterations, garages, sheds, fence, pools, decks, satellite dishes (over 18, plumbing and electrical work. In most cases a permit is required for replacement of the above items.
BUILDING PERMIT FEES FOR THE TOWN, VILLAGE OF HAMBURG AND VILLAGE OF BLASDELL:
Building Permits Fees
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TOWN OF HAMBURG:
Single or Double Family Dwelling
Accessory/Building and Structures
Above and In-Ground Pools
AMANDA'S LAW: Will go into effect on February 22, 2010 regarding Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- In the case of a dwelling constructed on or after Janauary 1, 2008 a carbon monoxide alarm shall be installed in each of the following locations:
1. Within each dwelling unit or sleeping unit, on each
- House numbers are required to be placed on all houses in the Town of Hamburg, Village of Hamburg and Village of Blasdell. Numbers must be at least 4" high and visible from the street. Address numbers on mailboxes only are not compliant with the proper codes.
- Remember to keep all generators, pressure washers or other gasoline-powered tools outside and NEVER use in a garage, carport (covered patio) or basement. Keep all gasoline powered tools well away from windows, doors and air-intakes. They all produce large amounts of carbon monoxide (CO) that can build up to dangerous levels in minutes.
- Open buring is prohibited, recreational fires must be a minimun of 25 ft. from structures and CAN NOT produce smoke as a nuisance to surrounding neighbors