Public Safety Home
Public Safety Dispatch Center
6100 South Park Avenue (Rear Bldg)
Hamburg, NY 14075
Sean Crotty - Sr. Public Safety Dispatcher
Phone: 649-6111 ext. 2811
The Town of Hamburg Public Safety Dispatch Center provides dispatching services to many agencies in the South Towns of Erie County, New York. The primary agencies served are the Police, Fire and EMS (Emergency Medical Services) units of the Town of Hamburg. This includes all of the Villages of Blasdell, and Hamburg. The Dispatch Center is the contact point for the Dog Control Officers throughout the Town of Hamburg. The Dispatch Center also answers all 911 hardwired telephone calls within the Town of Hamburg, and dispatches the Southtowns Hazmat Team, and the Town of Hamburg Water Rescue Unit. The Dispatch Center is also the afterhours contact point for many Town Agencies, including the Buildings and Grounds, and Town Highway Departments.
The Dispatch Center is also contracted to Dispatch Fire and EMS Units for the Town of Boston, Colden, and Eden. In the event of an Emergency, ALWAYS dial 911. For non-emergencies, or questions, dial 648-5111 ext "0".
The Town of Hamburg upgraded its Dispatch Office which resulted in allowing dispatch to be in constant contact with patrol and command personnel, as well as providing a markedly improved working environment. The dispatch office includes new radio consoles, computers, furniture, and jail area with sally port, break room and rest rooms. The complete dispatch office, records office, jail area and sally port are totally secure from outside intrusion. The new equipment takes us well into the 21st century, with a facility that is modern, secure and able to handle the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Below is information that will hopefully clarify questions that citizens may have as to when to call and what phone number to call.
Town of Hamburg Public Safety Dispatch
What phone number to use when calling Police/Fire/EMS?
In the event of and Emergency, ALWAYS use 911. For non emergencies, use 716 648-5111 extension "0".
What constitutes an Emergency?
When life or property is in imminent danger. If you have vandalism, loud music complaint, keys locked in a vehicle without a child locked inside also, this is a non emergency and the 648-5111 number should be used. If a crime is in progress, such as a larceny, domestic incident, assault, this is considered an emergency and 911 should be used.
If a citizen needs assistance from a Town department other than Police, Fire or EMS, they should contact 649-6111 and follow the menu.
Who to call for Utility Problems?
If any of your utilities are out, PLEASE do not call 911, or the Non – Emergency number. Please call your responsible utility. We do not have the reason the utility is down or out and will not know when it will be restored. Below are the Emergency Contact numbers for the area utilities;
Utility Phone Numbers:
- National Grid 1-800-892-2345
- New York State Electric & Gas 1-800-572-1131
- National Fuel Gas 1-800-444-3130
- Time Warner Cable 1-866-668-6044
What to expect when calling for assistance.
When you call the Town of Hamburg Public Safety Dispatch for assistance, a Dispatcher will be asking you pertinent questions regarding your problem. In an effort to dispatch the right type of assistance to you, please listen to the questions the Dispatcher is asking.
- Where is the problem occurring?
- What is the problem?
- When did the problem occur or is it in progress?
- You may be asked if there are any life hazards or hazards such as weapons involved or physical descriptions of subjects involved.
- PLEASE cooperate with the Dispatcher, this will ensure the quickest dispatch of help to your location.
- The Dispatcher will also ask for your name, address and phone number in case the responding help has questions and we need to get back in contact with you.
- If you are calling for an Ambulance, we provide Emergency Medical Dispatch.
- This program has the Dispatcher asking scripted questions that are pertinent to your complaint, from the answers, this allows us to dispatch the correct equipment to your emergency
- PLEASE understand that while one Dispatcher is asking you these questions, the Ambulance is being dispatched.
Using your cellular phone to dial 911?
If you use your cellular phone to dial 911, you will be connected with Buffalo 911. You will be asked where the emergency is, you will then be transferred to the Hamburg Public Safety Dispatch Office. Please understand that due to call volume, you may be put on HOLD.
Public Safety Dispatchers
Thomas Partridge, Roseanne Nadrich, Jack Chiappone Jr., Patricia Bissonette, Sharon Welsh, Mark Bernas, Kyle Brodnicki, Mark Szczepanik, Nicholas Pikul, Matthew Jurek, Jordan Pede, Cindy Rehberg, and Anthony Bienias
Part Time on Call Public Safety Dispatchers:
Rodney Carr and Beth Steward